The DeRose-Hinkhouse Memorial Awards are given annually by the Religion Communicators Council for excellence in religious communications and public relations. The following were announced as winning entries for work done in 2021 at the awards presentation on May 11:
• The “Creation” Video Prayer Service produced by Bernie Mudd-White received a Category Winner Award
• The DOME magazine article, Called to Be Prophetic women of Hope, Part Three: Asian Advocacy, by Kathy Williams received an Award of Merit
• The DOME magazine article, Accompanying Those At The Border, by Kathy Williams received an Award of Merit
The Associated Church Press, whose origins date to 1916, gives awards annually in its Best of The Church Press Awards. The following were announced as winning entries for work done in 2021 at the awards presentation on May 12:
• The campaign to support “God Is On Your Side” in support of at-risk LGBT youth and the work of the Tyler Clementi Foundation, by Kathy Williams, received an Award of Excellence in the Awareness/Advocacy Campaign in Social Media category.
• The 2020-21 Annual Report, “Change • Challenge • Creativity” by Kathy Williams received an Award of Merit.